Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016: Happy Halloween!

            Well, I’ve got it all in shape for Halloween. Not complete – there’s still a lot of work to complete my full vision of what SteamFreddy will eventually be. But it’s done enough for Halloween 2016.
            Since the last post, there were only a few odds and ends required to get this baby ready for the holiday. These were the cravat, and the respirator. I’m not going to go into detail on the cravat – I just followed the instructions from this blog and used the leftover lining material from the vest.
            The respirator mask was quick and easy. I had a respirator from a home demo project we did a couple years ago. All I did was spray paint the pink filter cartridges with a hammered copper finish spray paint.

            The final elements were a pair of goggles, a pocket watch and chain that I already had anyway. These and the respirator aren’t included in the cost of the costume since I already had them (and some were gifts, so I don’t even know what they cost). And the result is:

Cost of supplies: $98

Time: 30hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment